Microdermabrasion is a skin-freshening technique that helps repair facial skin that takes a beating from the sun and effects of aging. Maintenance of results requires periodic repeat treatments after the initial regimen is completed. Microdermabrasion may be combined with a light chemical peel to increase the effect.
Dermatology Associates of Tampa Bay utilizes The DiamondTome Skin Resurfacing System, as seen on Extreme Makeover. Key points about the system:
- Exfoliation occurs only as the wand is drawn across the skin.
- No loose crystals or other abrasives that contaminate you or your environment.
- Even at its highest settings, DiamondTome is regarded as a gentler resurfacing system yet provides more dramatic results than other skin care systems.
- Achieve skin rejuvenation without the adverse effects of loose particles, burning, irritation, and skin reactions.
- The precise diamond wand chip size and vacuum settings assure the appropriate amount of exfoliation that will produce uniform results.
The microdermabrasion procedure takes approximately 15-20 minutes. Results are not permanent and may be maintained with periodic retreatment as determined by the doctor or physician assistant.